Since last Tuesday was National Pancake Day, I thought I would update this recipe post. It very much needed new pictures. So voila!
We love breakfast in this house, LOVE. Every weekend morning consists of bacon, eggs, and whatever “bread” I decide upon. We often have breakfast for dinner too. Brinner, right?!
So when I came across the words Cinnamon Roll Pancakes, I knew we had to try these bad boys. It’s not too difficult to make either. Just start with your favorite pancake recipe, either homemade or store brought.
Cinnamon Roll Pancakes
- Pancake Mix (store bought or homemade) – Enough for a dozen pancakes!
- ½ cup butter, melted
- ¾ cup brown sugar, packed
- ½ tbsp ground cinnamon
- 4 tbsp butter
- 2 oz cream cheese
- ¾ cup powdered sugar
- ½ tsp vanilla
- Prepare pancake mix as normal, and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, stir together melted butter, brown sugar and cinnamon. Scoop the filling into a small ziplock bag and set aside. You don’t want it to be liquidity, but more like a paste. I put mine into the fridge for a few minutes.
- In a medium, microwave-safe bowl- warm butter and cream cheese until softened, then whisk together until smooth. Whisk in powdered sugar and vanilla, set aside.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-low heat. This is where our T-Fal comes in handy! Spray with a nonstick spray. Scoop about ¾ cup batter onto the skillet. Snip the corner of your ziplock bag with filling, and squeeze a spiral of the filling onto the top of the pancake. Make sure not to get it too close to the edge, or it will run out the sides. When bubbles begin to pop on the surface, flip the pancake over and cook until browned on the underside.
- Place cooked pancakes on a baking sheet or platter and keep in a warm oven until ready to serve.
- When ready to serve, spoon glaze onto the top of each pancake.