It was just last week that I watched the ball drop in New York City (well, on TV!) ringing in the new year! Here we are in 2015, and I’m so excited to spend another year with you all!
To start the new year off, I’m dropping these balls on you…hmmm. You know what I mean, silly.
I actually made these last week on a whim. Wasn’t sure what I was going to make for dinner, which seems to be happening a lot lately. Had a roll of crescents, some frozen meatballs from Costco, and cheese, and thought, “This has to turn out okay, right?”
Well, I’m glad to say that they did turn out good, and in fact delicious! We had them for dinner, but these would actually be fantastic as an appetizer or snack too. The kids would probably gobble these down as an after-school snack, I’m sure of it!
Best part? They are super easy to make!
Meatball Pizza Rolls
- 1 can thin crust pizza dough
- 16 frozen (or thawed) precooked meatballs
- ½ cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- pizza (or marinara) sauce
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Line a baking pan with foil.
- Unroll pizza dough and cut into 16 pieces.
- Take one piece of dough and roll it out thin, but not too thin to create holes. Fill it with a pinch of cheese and one meatball. Close the dough around the meatball. Make sure there are no holes.
- Lay your pizza meatball onto your tray and bake 18-20 minutes until golden brown.
- Serve with marinara or pizza sauce.