Easter is next month, and lets just say that Pinterest has exploded with Peeps everything. I’m pretty sure I’ve seen just about everything you can possibly make this Spring and Easter using them.
These little cakes are really no different than a lot of the cupcakes I’ve seen. However, I thought it would be nice to have something super quick, a no-bake mini cake that literally anyone can put together quickly.
So here you go my friends! I’ve got a ton more Peeps heading our way this week, so don’t be surprised if I post a couple more ideas for using a variety of Peeps.
What do you need?
- Ding Dongs
- Shredded Coconut
- Green Food Coloring
- Green frosting
- Peanut Butter Crackle M&M’s (or any “egg” like candy out right now)
- Bunny Peeps
- toothpicks or straws/cake pop sticks cut down
How to make your mini Peep cakes:
- Start by unwrapping your Ding Dongs.
- Use the green food coloring to dye the coconut green – that makes your grass!
- Use about a dime size of green frosting to coat the top of your Ding Dong. Then add the shredded coconut on top – pat down a little to make sure it stays on.
- To put the Peep on your mini cake, just use a toothpick or something similar. Insert one end into your Peep and the other end into the Ding Dong.
- Dab a little bit of frosting onto your eggs and set on top of the Ding Dong.