It took a little over 5 weeks of craziness, but this momma’s finally feeling “it”. I guess lack of sleep and staying too busy will do that to you.
I’ve got some peppermint with honey tea to my left, a sleepy baby on my chest, and sadly I’m struggling to even write this post.
I keep telling myself…you’re not sick, you’re not sick, girl, you are NOT sick. Tell me to go to bed, seriously! Ha!
My husband got it right though. Moms don’t get sick. I mean really, who has time for that?!
While I’m trying to rest up, I wanted to share these Peanut Butter Banana Muffins we made a couple of weeks ago. They’ve been a big hit with the girls. I love that it gives my picky eaters a little dose of protein for breakfast or an after-school snack.
Peanut Butter Banana Muffins
- 2 cups Flour
- ¼ tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- ½ cup Peanut Butter
- ¾ cup Brown Sugar
- ½ cup Tree Top Applesauce
- 1 egg
- 3 Small Overripe Bananas, mashed
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, baking soda and salt.
- In a separate bowl, cream the peanut butter and sugar together. Add in the applesauce, egg and mashed bananas until well blended.
- Stir banana mixture into flour mixture until moisten. Pour into lined or greased muffin tray, about ¾ full.
- Bake for about 15-25 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into center of the muffin comes out clean. Let muffins cool on a wire rack.
I know I’ve mentioned this before, but we stopped using refined oils a while ago. I’d like to say two years ago, I believe. So when it comes to cooking I use either olive oil, butter, or coconut oil. Well, in the case of baking I replace the oil in recipes with apple sauce. It works just as well, but is even healthier for you! You don’t even notice the apple taste in other things, like cookies or brownies.
Have you ever subbed applesauce for oil in recipes?
If you have a few minutes, I’d love prayers and good wishes for myself (and my two year old who caught something too). This mom does NOT have time to be sick…no way!
*I received a couple bottles of applesauce from Tree Top. It’s a great brand, and one we buy on a regular basis. All thoughts are my very own.