I’m a huge fan of Asian meals. One of the few things I greatly miss, since eating Paleo, is Chinese and Japanese cuisine. Thankfully, there are a ton of delicious Asian inspired meals that are completely Paleo friendly, which means no gluten, and no added “junk”. Just good ole’ delicious meal, with few ingredients, and you let the crock pot do all the work!
Let me know if you try this one!
- 2 pounds beef flank steak (skirt steak)
- 3 Tablespoons arrowroot powder
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- ½ teaspoon minced ginger
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- ⅔ cup coconut aminos (I used Bragg’s)
- ⅔ cup water
- ½ cup honey
- ½ cup shredded carrots
- Cut your steak into long thin pieces. Sprinkle the arrowroot powder on the strips, coat well.
- Mix together the remaining ingredients in a small bowl, and place meat and sauce into a crock-pot. Cook on high 2-3 hours, or low 3-4 hours.
I served this over steamed brussel sprouts and it was absolutely delicious!! You could also serve it over cauliflower rice, or any vegetable really, because the sauce is just delicious with any vegetable.
Adapted from Once a Month Mom.