Who doesn’t love chocolate and cake? I sure do. While I’m enjoying my time with baby number four before my husband returns to work next week (eek!), I’m excited to have Emily share her delicious low-fat chocolate chip cake recipe with us.
She says, “This is one of my all-time favorite recipes. It’s a great dessert AND even a great breakfast treat. The best part? It’s less than 200 calories per serving!”
Let me know if you try this, and what you think!
Low-Fat Chocolate Chip Cake
- 1¾ cup flour
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup packed brown sugar
- 1½ teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 3 medium-sized ripe bananas
- ½ cup plain greek yogurt
- ½ cup butter or margarine
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Take butter out of fridge to soften.
- In large mixing bowl, stir together flour, sugar, brown sugar, baking powder, and baking soda.
- Mash bananas.
- Add mashed bananas, yogurt, butter, and vanilla to mixture.
- Beat until combined, then beat one minute more on medium speed.
- Add eggs and beat one minute more.
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- Grease 9×13 pan and pour batter inside.
- Bake 30-35 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
- Let cool, then sprinkle with powdered sugar.
What are some of YOUR favorite low-fat desserts?
Emily blogs with her husband Hudson about everything from memories to marriage to motivation – as well as frugal living and healthy eating! Hudson and Emily are Christians, summer lovers, and adventure seekers.